The Travel Grant Program is now accepting applications.
The program is aimed at increasing the diversity, impact, and reach of the conference. We are looking for worthy recipients who are committed to make an impact with the opportunity provided, and we want to stretch our limited budget as widely as possible.
Our goals include:
- Bringing the power of Open Geospatial to a wide audience
- Helping individuals become engaged in the development of Open Geospatial Software, Data and Standards
- Reaching, empowering and giving a voice to a diverse community, including those who might not have the financial or social means to attend the conference
What we are looking for:
- People from under-represented communities, such as:
- Indigenous communities
- Residents of remote communities
- Women in tech
- Community development workers or students who don’t have workplace or government funding
- People who have “skin in the game”:
- People who will make use of what they learn to make a positive impact to themselves and their communities.
- People who contribute to open communities, such as contributing to OpenStreetMap, or Open Source Software.
- People willing to volunteer at the conference.
- People from the Oceania region