We’re excited to announce that Hobart will again be a hub for the region’s premiere Open Source spatial conference. FOSS4G SotM Oceania is being held on Friday 12th November – save the date and watch this space for more information.
Friday, November 12th, 2021
Aurora Theatre, IMAS, 20 Castray Esplanade, Battery Point TAS 7004
The following people have indicated they will present:
- Dr Bethany Melville (UTAS) – How to stop training ‘button clickers’
- Dr Clare Hawkins (Bookend Trust) – Working in conservation and recovery of threatened species
- Colin Mazengarb (MRT) – Landslide Zoning in Tasmania
- Dr Mike Roach (UTAS) – GeoVis3D – Freeware for Interactive Quantitative Geometric Analysis of 3D Photorealistic Models
- Nick Forbes-Smith (CSIRO) – Exploring open statistical data with TerriaJS — integrating SDMX with the open geospatial web
- Tim Bendall (Esk Mapping) – Creating SPARQS for Agriculture and Forest Managers
- 10:00 – 11:00 Registrations, coffee/tea and scones (provided)
- 11:00 – 12:00 3 x 20min F2F presentations on local projects
- 12:00 – 13:00 International presentations from throughout Oceania
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch (provided) and networking
- 14:00 – 15:00 3 x 20min F2F presentations on local projects
- 15:00 – 16:00 Wrap-up and discussion.
Register now to reserve your place!
Contacts & Social Media
- Email the Hub Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @FOSS4G_Oceania
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FOSS4GOceania
Sponsors and Supporters
We wouldn’t be able to make any this happen without our wonderful sponsors and supporters: